The Daily Tea

Amateur Bloggers. Creative Writers

Farewell to Creative Writing

May16

I just want to take the time to thank you all for digging in and making something out of our time together! There wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t look forward to Creative Writing. Each of your personalities made our class special. I loved reading your stories and listening to you all share your innermost feelings. I read blog posts about bread, Disney, movie and book reviews, anime, politics, twigs, sleepovers, and got my fill of Michael Scott quotes. Your writing has made me smile, cry, and sometimes roll my eyes, but I never felt like I was wasting my time when I was combing through your blogs. You all have really outdone yourselves.

Please keep writing. There are a ton of writers in these two periods that are better than I could ever hope to be. Your imaginations can build worlds! It’s been impressive. Even those of you, who like me find pleasure in writing shorter, less serious pieces, keep finding time to write. Your voices are important! Keep using them!

I also want to take this time to congratulate Jessica Jenkins. She was awarded the Creative Writing Award for 9th grade. Go check out her blog (Jess Jam) if you get a chance. Jessica has grown in both skill and voice!

For those of you headed off to Rockvale: I know that many of you cannot take Creative Writing next year, but give them time. Creative Writing 2 will happen if enough of you request it. Until then, start a Creative Writing Club. Find your fellow authors and ban together!! I will miss y’all!

And for the rest of ya…I’ll see you next year.

Love,

Ms. HendersonΒ 

by posted under Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Farewell to Creative Writing”

1. May 17th, 2019 at 7:52 pm      Reply W00P13 Says:

This class has honestly been one of my favorite classes in my entire school life! You introduced me to blogging and really helped make this year fun and enjoyable! Thank you! 😁

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar