The Daily Tea

Amateur Bloggers. Creative Writers

Fishing Around

January22

Preparation Day 1:

Hey, guys! Today is for exploration. I want you to get out into the recesses of the internet and read blogs. Take note of what people are writing about, but also pay close attention to the way they are writing it. Look at backgrounds, bold words, headlines, and other organization techniques. When you read interesting blogs, think about how the author has created credibility within their page…or how they lack credibility.

Take Notes!

As you poke around on blogs, take notes in your journal about topics you find interesting, things you found that caught your eye, things you want to imitate and things you want to stay away from. Make sure to jot down URLs for blogs you’d like to revisit for inspiration.

Start Here!

Here are a few teacher blogs to visit. Most of these were created as class blogs…much like what we will have. Look at the student work, so you can see what other students are doing. Some of it is great.

• eichnersocialstudies.edublogs.org
  • mcnallymumblings.edublogs.org
  • cunninghamclass.edublogs.org
  • huzzah.edublogs.org

If you come across something awesome that I should add to the list of exemplars, add them in the comment on this post!

Journal Topic:

Today’s journal topic is twofold. First, I’d like some suggestions on what to call our class blog. Right now it is simply “Ms. H’s Creative Writing” and I find that super boring. Help me out! Brainstorm a few ideas and jot them down in your journal. There are Blog Name Generators out there to help you with that. And while you’re helping me, start thinking about what you want to name your blog as well!  We’ll share your ideas for our class blog at the end of the period. Second, respond to what you saw today. How do you feel about blogging? What did you see out in the blog-o-sphere that made you excited? Scared? Did you walk away with any ideas? If so, work them out a little in the safety of your journal. Most importantly, WRITE!

by posted under Class Work, Teacher Post | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar